Montessori Children’s House holds several annual events to engage our students and families in social and educational opportunities outside of the classroom while building the community spirit of the school. These events include:
- Fall Carnival – A fun, family event held at MCH in early Fall.
- Trunk or Treat – Safe, Halloween fun featuring decorated cars and trick or treating.
- Classroom Field Trips – Picking a pumpkin at Howell Tree Farm in Cumming, Iowa, is a favorite annual field trip.
- Open House – Families meet teachers and investigate their children’s many interesting learning activities on an evening in November.
- Winter Wonderland – A celebration of winter beauty, including warm treats, dancing and art.
- Spring Open House - Prospective families as well as current families meet teachers and investigate their children’s many interesting learning activities on an evening in February.
- International Day – This spring festival showcases the diversity of our school and our world.
- Music Concerts – Classes perform songs they have learned throughout the school year in May.
- Year-end Picnic – A celebration of the school year gone by.
Click here to view a photo stream of past special events.